The answer is YES. Solar panels can save homeowners money on their electric bill and by making the switch to solar it will reduce the amount of toxic pollution and global warming emissions that are released into the environment. Solar panels use photons – a particle in the air that carries energy from the sun – to generate green, clean, renewable energy. Many solar companies, including Pioneer Solar, will install solar panels on your home or commercial building, which will save you money on your electric bill and allow you to utilise pure green energy. The more sunlight and roof space available, the more you can save and the more energy you can provide back to the grid. Let us explain:
- Solar panels are usually placed in direct sunlight, not under shady trees allowing the panels to generate as much sunlight as possible.
- The more photons from sunlight that the solar panels can absorb, the more electricity they are able to generate. Therefore, if you live in an area with lots of sunlight, you will produce more energy than if you lived in a shaded area.
- Even on a cloudy day, solar panels can still generate about 40% of the energy they would produce on a sunny day. This is because heat is not necessarily needed, but daylight is
- If your solar system produces more energy than is consumed, it will be sent back to the grid and you will be credited to use this energy in the winter or at nighttime when there is no sunlight available.
- Solar companies save customers money on their bills because they can offer lower rates than the utility companies.
Pioneer Solar customers in Brisbane saved $916 on average in the first year. Those savings alone can be used towards other necessities such as bills, schooling, or better yet, vacation! Plus, we have to work together to fight global warming and pollution. By installing solar panels on your roof it allows you to play an active role in reversing the harm we have done to our Earth! Call us today for a free consultation on how we can make a difference to the world together!